I made Keto Blackberry Pudding yesterday and it was fantastic! I cannot have almond flour anymore because it stalls me, so I went venturing for recipes using coconut flour and stumbled across one from http://www.ruled.me! They are FANTASTIC. I know they’re supposed to resemble bread pudding but I like to call them little cakes.
I also don’t have any ramekins so I used my muffin pan. I was able to get 4 at 2.25 net carbs each!
Recipe here: Low Carb Blackberry Pudding.
Hi Friends! We’re going to prepare this recipe in a few parts! It takes some time but, it’s totally worth it and lasts all week! Your macros will differ slightly from mine because of different brands! EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
- Roasting pan or deep cookie sheet
- Ziploc bags or large bowl
- Large saucepan or stockpot
- Colander (if you have one)
- Cutting boards – 2
- Measuring cups
- 1 tbsp measuring spoon
- Small skillet
- Two mixing/glass bowls. Preferably one large and one medium
- Various knives for chopping and dicing.
- 8 large chicken thighs – I used Pilgrim’s brand
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp FlavorGod Garlic Lovers seasoning. If you don’t have the seasoning you can use garlic powder, onion powder, basil, sea salt, black pepper, a *little* chili powder, parsley and oregano.
Directions for Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Separate chicken breasts into two different freezer bags (4 in each bag). If you don’t have the bags use a large bowl and add all of the olive oil and seasoning.
- Add 1/8 C of Olive Oil to each bag
- Add 1 Tbsp of above seasoning to each bag.
- Close bags, shake and make sure to rub the oil and seasoning into the chicken breasts.
- Place on a roasting pan (if you have one) and roast for 25 minutes, turn over and roast for another 10 minutes.
- *IF YOU WANT CRISPY SKIN TO ADD IN OR EAT, BROIL FOR ABOUT 3-5 MINUTES*
- After you pull out the chicken, reduce heat on the oven to 350 degrees.
- Let the chicken cool for a few minutes and pull the meat from the bone. You can include the skin if you want. I did from two of the thighs and devoured the rest. Place all meat into a large bowl. I got 33 ounces.
- 4 C Raw cauliflower
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
Directions for Cauliflower:
- Remove cauliflower from the stem and chop it up. You can season it with anything you want to once you put it in the water. I used FlavorGod’s Everything Seasoning since this was my first time having cauliflower.
- Add 2 C of water to a large saucepan or stock pot, add salt and pepper and bring to a boil on med-high heat.
- Add 4 C of the cauliflower to the water or in a colander and then in the water. I don’t have a colander…
- Cover the pan, let the water come back to a boil and steam for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain, season more if you want and add cauliflower to chicken.
Topping and Rest of Casserole:
Directions for Topping and the Rest of the Casserole:
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees if you haven’t already
- Dice bacon and fry it on the stove until almost crispy. Drain or save the grease.
- While your bacon is frying, add Franks, sour cream and ranch dressing to the cauliflower and chicken mixture. Stir until well coated.
- Place casserole mixture into a 9×13 pan, top with Mexican Shredded Cheese and diced bacon. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
|8 Chicken Thighs (33oz)
|2 T FlavorGod Garlic
|1/4 C Olive Oil
|1/4 C Sour Cream
|1/2 C Keto Ranch Dressing
|4 C Steamed Cauliflower
|6T Franks Red Hot
|2 C Mexican Blend Cheese
|6 Pieces of Crumbled Bacon
|Eight Servings – 1C Each:
I found a recipe for Keto Vanilla Cupcakes that was just divine, so, I tweaked it to my liking. I made BACON MAPLE cupcakes! Most people scoff at the name but I promise you this combination is just amazing. Keep in mind your macros may vary due to the brand of item you use! Let’s get to it!
1/4 C Almond Flour
1/12 tsp Salt
1/12 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Bacon Grease – you can DEFINITELY use more if you want.
1.5 tsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup or Maple Extract. If you use the extract add sweetener.
1 & 1/3 tbsp Melted Butter
1oz (2 tbsp) Cream Cheese
1/2 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup or Maple Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the cake ingredients together either by hand or using a mixer.
3. Pour into lined cupcake pans (or silicone if you have them) in 1/4C portions.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 15.4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 15.
5. Cool your cupcakes on a baking/wire rack.
6. Make your frosting by creaming the butter and cream cheese first. Then slowly add the sugar free maple syrup until you get the sweetness you desire.
7. After your cupcakes cool on a wiring rack, frost and devour them! They are a little dense so make sure to have some liquid nearby – maybe some almond or coconut milk?
Yields: 2. If you want to make a full batch of 12, multiply everything by 6.
Macros (not including bacon fat):
|SF Maple Syrup
|Butter (almost 2T)
Original Recipe Found: Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting