I found a recipe for Keto Vanilla Cupcakes that was just divine, so, I tweaked it to my liking. I made BACON MAPLE cupcakes! Most people scoff at the name but I promise you this combination is just amazing. Keep in mind your macros may vary due to the brand of item you use! Let’s get to it!
1/4 C Almond Flour
1/12 tsp Salt
1/12 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Bacon Grease – you can DEFINITELY use more if you want.
1.5 tsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup or Maple Extract. If you use the extract add sweetener.
1 & 1/3 tbsp Melted Butter
1oz (2 tbsp) Cream Cheese
1/2 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup or Maple Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the cake ingredients together either by hand or using a mixer.
3. Pour into lined cupcake pans (or silicone if you have them) in 1/4C portions.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 15.4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 15.
5. Cool your cupcakes on a baking/wire rack.
6. Make your frosting by creaming the butter and cream cheese first. Then slowly add the sugar free maple syrup until you get the sweetness you desire.
7. After your cupcakes cool on a wiring rack, frost and devour them! They are a little dense so make sure to have some liquid nearby – maybe some almond or coconut milk?
Yields: 2. If you want to make a full batch of 12, multiply everything by 6.
Macros (not including bacon fat):
|SF Maple Syrup||35||0||0||0|
|Butter (almost 2T)||200||22||0||0|
Original Recipe Found: Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting