This is by far the best recipe I have made. I took a recipe for regular strawberry pretzel salad and “ketofied” it. It may look gross in my picture but it tastes PHENOMENAL.
1 & 1/2 Cup crushed/chopped pecans
8 Tbsp melted butter (1/2 C)
1/4 C almond flour/almond meal
3 Tbsp sugar sub – (if you use truvia, use 1 Tbsp, if you use xylitol or erythritol you can use 3)
1 Tsp salt – you can use less if you want. I really wanted the sweet & salty.
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
8 oz (one block) of Cream Cheese
- If Truvia, use 1/3 C
- If splenda, use 1 C
- If Xylitol or Erythritol use 1 cup OR ¼ C & 1 tsp liquid stevia drops
16oz Frozen Unsweetened Sliced Strawberries (do not thaw)
2 Cups of Boiling Water
0.6 oz box of sugar free strawberry jello (bigger box)
- Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all crust ingredients together and press into a 9×13″ pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
3. As the crust cools, make whipped cream by whipping the 1 cup of HWC and vanilla together until there are soft peaks. It helps to put the mixer blades/whisk and the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once whipped cream is formed, place in fridge to keep it cold while you move on to the next part.
4. Cream the sugar substitute (measurements under filling section) and cream cheese together. It is easier to powder your sugar by using a blender or coffee grinder otherwise you may have some sugar granules.
5. Once the cream cheese and sugar are fully creamed, fold in the whipped cream and spread mixture over a fully cooled crust.
6. Boil 2 cups of water and once boiling, pour in and dissolve the sugar free jello. Once dissolved, add the frozen strawberries and let it sit for a few minutes.
7. Once the strawberry jello mixture is the consistency of egg whites, pour it on top of the cream cheese and crust. Spread it around until it covers the top and refrigerate until firm.
Makes 16 slices
Net Carbs: 3.5g (Yes, I counted the 7.5g in the HWC)